Likely starters for NZ match
I thought Coory should start but want I changed my mind. After the summer I was happy with Moody/Lund/Sanderson but after Sale v Tigers I thought Lund was not as sharp as Corry and as Sanderson was not an option on the vote I went for Corry. However, Forrester is on fire at the moment and Corry had another poorish match. So I think Forrester's time has finally come. With Moody looking destructive Moody/Sanderson/Forrester may be the way forward for now. Interesting piece on last weeks rugby club, they are still suspicious of Forrester at the breakdown, and view Dan Ward-Smith as a good choice. I have never seen Dan, so I can't personally pick him but I was moved by their views.
Sheridan/Hodgson/Abbott/Grewcock/Barnard/Corry all carrying knocks. I guess they would be fit to play at the weekend, but it is not the best preparation for the All Blacks. Mega=Dan's starting XV would be the current training XV, and a real possibility if the injuries continue.
The backline for training was:
Richards
Hodgson
Lewsey
Allen
Noon
Cueto
Morgan
Not the worst backline I have seen England put out under Robinson
With all the injuries there was even a chance Cipriani would be on the bench against NZ
I guess the choice was between three Wasps fly-halves Walder, King, but thankfully they chose Cipriani. Hodgson is the only fit fly-half, bringing in Cipriani is a great development choice. We know Walder and King, and neither are future contenders, we can guess that one of the other fly-halves will be fit for NZ, so this is just good practice from the management. For once I applaud them.
Balshaw/Voyce/Van Gisbergen/J S-D are unavailable, in Voyce's case by ARs choice rather than injury. It is also the wrong match to work with Varndell, and I am still a fan and want to see him involved later. The only other options for seasoned internationals are Cohen/Cueto/Lewsey. All the wing/fullback youngsters are a risk, with the notable exception of Morgan, despite his inexperience internationally he is solid as a rock, his defense and catching aided by astute reading of the game. Although his running is not the best or most illusive his rugby brain allows him to pick a great line and put his wingers away. For all these reasons I am expecting a starting back line for NZ of Lewsey/Cueto/Morgan; Barnes and Greenwood read it right on the rugby Club.
This is who I think will play not who I want to play. Given the injuries and who will recover for NZ, and the need to play only three matches and finally allowing for the selectors preferences:
1st XV for NZ
Sheridan
Chuter
White
Grewcock
Jones
Moody
Sanderson
Corry
Perry
Hodgson
Lewsey
Barkley
Smith
Cueto
Morgan
Bench for NZ
Freshwater
Mears
Kay
Forrester
Richards
Allen
Noon
2nd XV may not play together but will be mixed with 1st XV against SA and Argentina
Freshwater
Mears
Barnard
Kay
Shaw
Lund
Lipman
Forrester
Richards
Barkley
Cohen
Allen
Noon
Varndell
Voyce
Sheridan/Hodgson/Abbott/Grewcock/Barnard/Corry all carrying knocks. I guess they would be fit to play at the weekend, but it is not the best preparation for the All Blacks. Mega=Dan's starting XV would be the current training XV, and a real possibility if the injuries continue.
The backline for training was:
Richards
Hodgson
Lewsey
Allen
Noon
Cueto
Morgan
Not the worst backline I have seen England put out under Robinson
With all the injuries there was even a chance Cipriani would be on the bench against NZ
I guess the choice was between three Wasps fly-halves Walder, King, but thankfully they chose Cipriani. Hodgson is the only fit fly-half, bringing in Cipriani is a great development choice. We know Walder and King, and neither are future contenders, we can guess that one of the other fly-halves will be fit for NZ, so this is just good practice from the management. For once I applaud them.
Balshaw/Voyce/Van Gisbergen/J S-D are unavailable, in Voyce's case by ARs choice rather than injury. It is also the wrong match to work with Varndell, and I am still a fan and want to see him involved later. The only other options for seasoned internationals are Cohen/Cueto/Lewsey. All the wing/fullback youngsters are a risk, with the notable exception of Morgan, despite his inexperience internationally he is solid as a rock, his defense and catching aided by astute reading of the game. Although his running is not the best or most illusive his rugby brain allows him to pick a great line and put his wingers away. For all these reasons I am expecting a starting back line for NZ of Lewsey/Cueto/Morgan; Barnes and Greenwood read it right on the rugby Club.
This is who I think will play not who I want to play. Given the injuries and who will recover for NZ, and the need to play only three matches and finally allowing for the selectors preferences:
1st XV for NZ
Sheridan
Chuter
White
Grewcock
Jones
Moody
Sanderson
Corry
Perry
Hodgson
Lewsey
Barkley
Smith
Cueto
Morgan
Bench for NZ
Freshwater
Mears
Kay
Forrester
Richards
Allen
Noon
2nd XV may not play together but will be mixed with 1st XV against SA and Argentina
Freshwater
Mears
Barnard
Kay
Shaw
Lund
Lipman
Forrester
Richards
Barkley
Cohen
Allen
Noon
Varndell
Voyce


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home